we design, engineer, manufacture and install signage for a wide range of major brands. a family run business, our ethos is one of working together as a team to deliver the best for our customers, with a mission to meet our customers’ needs to the very best of our abilities.
reports to: purchasing executive
job types: full-time, permanent
this is a position that would suit someone with a general administration background. supporting the purchasing team with their day-to-day activities we require a candidate that is efficient, positive, and can work under tight time pressures.
you will be required to liaise with both external suppliers and internal colleagues to complete your work so good communication skills are important.
responsibilities and duties:
- provide administration support to the purchasing team.
- process and place orders with suppliers using our erp system. communicate with the contracts and production teams on the status of these orders.
- process and chase all order acknowledgments and confirm they fit with the company’s requirements. make the relevant departments aware of the adjusted information and update this information on the erp system.
- chase overdue deliveries and make the relevant departments aware of the adjusted delivery dates. keeping all the revised purchase order information up to date on the erp system.
- liaise with the supplier on invoice queries to resolve the query.
- create the bill of materials on the erp system for estimating reflecting an accurate predicted time for each operation and the correct quantity of materials.
- liaise with various departments to ensure the sign uses the most cost-effective materials and suppliers to manufacture the signs.
- enthusiasm, communication skills and ability to work competently under pressure are essential;
- rapid learner – the successful applicant will receive on the job training;
- excellent attention to detail;
- methodical, logical and process driven approach;
- ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise your workload;
- ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- signage knowledge would be an advantage.